International student with HIV

If you have a question about studying in the U.S.A. that you think only an international student adviser can answer - then look no further as we now have Jim Crawley, who has 13 years of international admissions experience and he is currently the Director of University Recruiting Initiatives for the ELS Language Centers here to answer your posts!

Moderator: crawleyj

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

International student with HIV

Postby Hivstudent » Thu, 09 May 2013 05:23:30 -0500

What is best way for international student to access medications!
Are they eligible for patient assistance programs?
Aids drugs assistance programs? Any midcare?
Can their meds be posted?
Students for nursing in community college! Can they be sponsored for green card and work permit after passing licensing exam!?
Thank you very much!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 09 May 2013 05:17:52 -0500

Re: International student with HIV

Postby crawleyj » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:31:32 -0500

Sorry for my delay in replying. All international students coming to the US must have health insurance that is approved for use in the US, as health care here is VERY expensive. Health insurance companies will ask you to disclose your health history and if you have certain illnesses, the company can charge you more, or they can even deny you coverage.

Nursing is VERY difficult to get in to and if you do have an illness that is considered communicable, it is unlikely that you would be allowed into the program. Students finishing an Associates Degree are not normally sponsored for a green card.

Jim Crawley
Director of University Partner Relations
ELS Language Centers
International Advisor
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:15:25 -0500

International student with HIV

Postby Donnienap » Sat, 03 Jan 2015 05:22:20 -0500

Do you know anyone who was trying to get work outside of Texas and if so, how successful were they?
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 09:43:43 -0500

Return to “%s” Ask a USA International Advisor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest